Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A few days worth of happy things

Well, we're crawling out from under the rock of baby having the stomach flu, AND Dad having something like the stomach flu, but much, much worse! 4 days of "symptoms", horrible abdominal pain, and Dad on the couch or in bed all the time. Poor guy! He's on the mend now, but it did put a damper on our Father's day plans. :( Still, we've had lots of good moments lately too.

Here's how Sunday morning started out...snuggles on the couch with sisters and brother...



I know she doesn't look it, but babygirl is about to throw up in about 2 minutes after this moment. :)

Anyhoo, moving on to other happy moments...

The sun was out and it was warm, so some people used our little water table to cool off...




While that was happening, this was happening...



Notice the dog, noticing what's going on. This is our duck. He's totally obnoxious. He thinks he's quite the ladies man with our flock of 5 hens, and he hits on them relentlessly if you know what I mean. He may have to go. 3 of them aren't laying eggs anymore, they are so stressed out by his constant attempts to pick them up! Remember Pepe Le-Peu the skunk from Bugs Bunny, relentlessly pursuing the poor little kitty/skunk? Well, he's the duck version of him. He's actually giving himself a bath in the dogs bowl. Here he is when he's all finished primping...




"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful." "I make this look gooooood." "Don't hate the play-a, hate the game" I'm sure he's thinking at least one of these thoughts.

Tonight after dinner, it was such a beautiful evening, I took the kids on a walk/bike ride. It was sunny, but I was still wearing a sweater. Hmph. I won't complain though, since the air was just a bit crisp, and the air had that summery, forest smell that we all just love. Here it is from my point of view...









Topped it off with some rock throwing into the creek, one of the boy's favorite things...




Can't complain about the neighborhood either...





So, there you have it. The past few days for us. School's out for one, the other out tomorrow. We found out who our teachers will be next year, and everybody's got who they wanted! yay! We even found out that my friend Anna's girl will be in class with my girl next year! Another yay!

Look out summer, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweet Emme!!!! LOVE your darling blog! You are a great writer my dearest!!!!! Love the pics! Your description of your duck my me choke on my coffee!!!! Have you thought of writing a book? Too funny! love ya sweets! can't wait to order one of your fabulous t- shirts!!!!!!Hugs! debi

    ReplyDelete