Monday, March 9, 2009

Favorite Things, Part II

I love reading.  
I love books.  
I love learning new things.  
I love my husband.  
I love kid 1, kid 2, kid 3, and kid 4.  
I love staying up late. 
 I love sleeping in.  
I love time to myself.  
I love time alone with my husband. 
 I love time alone with each kid. 
 I love family outings.
I love massages. 
I love libraries. 
I love getting new books.  
I love getting packages in the mail.  
I love my computer. 
I love email. 
I love facebook. 
I love all my friends past and present, new and old. 
I love my first family.  
I love writing. 
I love my new camera.  
I love my new camera bag. 
I love my new notebook. 
I love ideas.  
I love feeling inspired.  
I love my memories.  
I love listening to just the right song at just the right moment.  
I love going somewhere I have never been.  
I love long hugs.  
I love long kisses. 
I love being surprised by the first scents of Spring. 
I love surprise snow storms.  
I love Kansas.  Lawrence, in particular.
I love traveling.
I love the colors pink and purple, all shades.
I love God.  (ok that should have come up sooner...just keeping it real, not editing that)
I love hot, summer nights.  (I miss Kansas for that one)
I love the smell of Fall.
I love fireplaces and campfires.
I love the smell of books.
I love the smell of crayons and school.(I think that actually IS the smell of school)
I love the opportunity to reinvent myself at age 37.
I love the TV show Lost.
I love looking forward to the future.
I love bubble baths.
I love hot tubs.
I love snuggling up with the hubby or any of my kids, or all of them at the same time.
I love my bed, especially with flannel sheets in the winter.
I love making this list, because even these things are all mostly very fluffy, material things, it makes me realize how very truly blessed I am.  I could probably add to this all night.  But for now, I will bask in the loveliness of broad horizons, children sleeping, soft music playing and a moment all to myself.



2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! Is your little guy registered for Kindergarten?

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely fantastic list. absolutely. can't wait to meet you at squam!

    xo

    ReplyDelete