Friday, July 16, 2010

Found Art Friday, Needful vs. Needless


Hello lovelies. Hope you've all had a wonderful week! I've been enjoying a gloriously sunny and warm week of summer here in the Pacific Northwest, pool parties, new friends, campfires, wildflower bouquets, and lots of strawberries, among many other yummy things. I'm slowing down my writing schedule in favor of trying to squeeze out every drop of summer that I can. You never know how long it will last.

The wonderfully talented Melanie Martin sent me this mysterious photo, and it inspired so many things in me. Isn't it rather Harry Potter-esque? Like this could be the entry to a road that can only be seen by you or by invitation only? Magic might be just around the corner.

Then I started thinking along the lines of what Needless Alley might I be traveling on right now? As in, where am I wandering away from my true path? What is distracting me? What is simply wasting my time? What can I let go of in order to get back on track? And what IS my track anyway?

Then: What is need-FULL in my life? What is filling my well? Am I cultivating a lifestyle which nurtures my deepest loves, most heartfelt values and desires?

Then: the other kind of need. As in need vs. want. Remembering, that I really do live on "Needless Alley". All my true needs are filled, and if you're reading this, I'm willing to bet yours are too. And if not, I know for sure that you have everything you need to fill those needs yourself, and that you can get started right now. Let's remind everyone that they can too.




Where can you tuck this little morsel of inspiration into the world? I'd love hear your stories of how you've spread The Found Art Project love into your community.

Please remember that I'm always accepting submissions for inclusions in our Found Art Flyers. Don't be shy! I'd love to hear from you!

Smooches to all of you! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment