Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Trust the Call


What in your life is calling you?
When all the noise is silenced,
the meetings adjourned,
the lists laid aside,
and the wild iris blooms by itself
in the dark forest,
what still pulls on your soul?

In the silence between your heartbeats
hides a summons.
Do you hear it?
Name it, if you must,
or leave it forever nameless,
but why pretend it is not there?

-The Terma Collective,
"The Box: Remembering the Gift

Found in Creative Awakenings, Envisioning the Life of Your Dreams Through Art by Sheri Gaynor. Great book, amazing website.

I'm feeling very full of ideas just on the brink of fruition, full of inspiration and ideas, so many sometimes I don't know where to start. But I will start. I'll start by writing my 800 words a day again. Yoga 5 days a week, home practice include. I'll choose silence instead of noise, both internally and externally. I'll work toward a daily rhythm of grace, of gentleness, of doing the work of living and creating, loving, forgiving myself and others as we bumble along this path of life together. I'll listen to the inner yearnings and whispers that aren't exactly quiet anymore. I'll make plans (hopes, really), and move toward them gently, babysteps, being open to whatever surprises there might be on the way. To friendship, to real connection, to really living, right here, right now.

The divine Anna-Marie Still shared this wonderful photo and words to inspire you and those who will find it in your community. Are you trusting your dreams, your instincts, the tiny whispers? Are you trusting the fact that you, tiny as you are among all the universe, were created for just such a time as this? That only you can fulfill the purpose that is calling to you?

Trust. Move gently, and most assuredly toward your most sacred callings.



PS Danielle LaPorte is offering her unbelievably inspiring FireStarter Sessions e-book as a Buy One, Give One now through Friday, October 1st. You can go in 50/50 with a friend, or give one away as a gift to a friend or a stranger. What an amazing gift! If you are dreaming of growing a creative business, you MUST have this resource. I have it, and HIGHLY recommend it, and anything else that lady writes. Danielle LaPorte is someone you need to know. If you click here, you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment