Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Boy is 5, and other cool stuff

5 years sure goes by fast. I've just been going over the old baby pictures, and OH! Be still my heart. I am unbelievably blessed! My kids are gorgeous! If I do say so myself. :) I was looking for a few pics of my boy as he's grown over the past few years...



Here's a classic...



I think this was the first time he was aware of getting dressed up for Easter. Somehow, I don't think he was happy with the outfit.

On his 3rd birthday...





Here's his first fish, caught in a tank at the sportsman show, age 3 and a half...




Here's us messing around with Photo Booth...



Is this kid gorgeous or what?




But you ain't seen nothing yet....

Here he is, newly 5....do you want a piece of this?


Yes, folks, introducing Electric Boy (he made this name up entirely himself), fearlessly defending the world against all kinds of evils, including wild chocolate labs, unsuspecting cats and a few surprised chickens! He is seriously deep into a superhero phase. Oh this boy! He is really something else. His imagination is incredible! He spends nearly all of his playtime in costume (I think he spent his entire 3rd year in a Woody costume), loves to play pretend most of all, loves blues guitar music, wrestling with Dad, and/or helping Dad build stuff around the house. He likes to talk tough, but inside he is so sensitive. He absolutely adores his baby sister. He wonders about God, and asks good questions. He likes to pray out loud. The other night, the night of his birthday, this was his bedtime prayer:

"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for my life. Thank you for making me 5. Thank you for all of the people. Thank you Jesus that there's a Jesus. Amen"

He said this in the sweetest, smallest, sincere voice, I got all teary-eyed. How deep is it that he thanked Jesus for creating himself?! Try to get your head around that one for awhile!

Whew. I love that kid to pieces. Happy Birthday, Bud.

SO, other happenings around here. Look what I brought home from the farmers market last week.



I meant to pick up milk, bread, maybe some cheese. But we saw this bunny, and I'm sorry, but how could we resist? We had an empty rabbit hutch, and the girls had their own money, and I'm a pushover, so we add Mr. Nibbles to our little farm family. Welcome Mr. Nibbles!

Middle Girl is having a big week this week! Its her week for pony camp, the highlight of the year for our big girls. Biggest girl is having her turn next week. But for now, here is the lucky one to go first...




Just got word that Grandma's taking the kids on Friday night, so that means hubby man and I get to go old school and see the X-Files movie that's opening this weekend! Yep, we're both sci-fi dorks, and the X-files is so old school "us", that we're both embarrassingly excited about our date night.

Ok, and get a load of this...



As I was wearing a sweatshirt and jeans on this the 23rd of July, I noticed this at the top of our cherry tree. I'm usually kind of excited to see the colors start to turn. And yet, today, in my sweatshirt and jeans, chilly, on this the 23rd of July, excited was not how I felt. Grrrrr....

But, I sure am thankful for everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment