Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tag, I'm It

Ok, well Anna tagged me over on her blog (Along Griffin Creek, see sidebar), so here goes...

What was I doing 10 years ago? Living in Issaquah in a great little one bedroom apartment with my hubby, no kids! Hard to remember what that was like! I was a nanny for a great family in Redmond, hubby was working as a finish carpenter in Bellevue.

What are/were 5 things on my list of things to do today?
1)Take the girls to swimming lessons
2)Clean the house "extra good"..got the folks coming in town tomorrow!
3)Trim/Deadhead flowers in flower beds, hanging baskets.
4)Read aloud to the big girls during naptime.
5)Make everyone's favorite "healthy" nachos for dinner.

What are 5 snacks I enjoy?
1)chips n' guacamole with peach salsa
2)Pro Bars Berry flavor
3)Oreos
4)Smoothies
5)Twizzlers...very occasionally, but they are yummy!

5 Things I would do if I were a billionaire?
1)Build a big house with a couple of guest houses for my family to come visit, along with horses, and an organic farm too boot.
2)College/Investments for all the kids in our family
3)Support as many missionaries as possible who are working in countries violently opposed to Christianity.
4)Building wells for clean water for places that need it all over the world.
5)Just help as many people as possible in whatever way they need!

5 Places I have lived?
Sylvania OH, Lawrence KS, Ann Arbor MI, Yardley, PA, Seattle, WA

Jobs I've had?
Clerk at a Hallmark Store, waitress at a nursing home dining room, retail at American Eagle, Preschool Teacher, Nanny

3 Habits?
Chips N'Guac N' Peach Salsa
Nail Biting (ugh)
Does doing laundry count? (how 'bout NOT doing laundry...which results in me doing laundry..you can see how this becomes a habit)

The latest goals for what's nearest and dearest to you?
1)Honestly, after over analyzing my parenting do's and don'ts for years, it just comes down to loving everybody more. Really loving them!
2)Being more involved in DOING things, rather than just learning, reading, wishing about them. In the community (Sustainable Carnation group), learning new skills and making new friends in the Farmgirls group, being "out there" with the kids, camping, hiking, crafting, being creative.

Ok. Since I don't have too many other friends who actually have a blog...I tag YOU! Anyone reading this...put it on your blog if you have one, or put it in my comments section. I'd love to hear from all of you!

Thanks Anna! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment